- The Meta is equally as well managed and far less abusable. Release waves are well balanced introducing new tactics and strategies. Meta shifts keep refreshing the game very effectively.
- Epic Play expands the game and brings the big ships into the game in a manageable way strengthening the strategic side of the game and fleet-building.
- The X-Wing community is a good one. Something about the mechanics and setup of the game being difficult to abuse seemingly weeds out a lot of power gamers.
- It's a good touch more expensive than ST-AW once you start getting into the bigger Epic ships RRPing at £75. Post Armada Epic play gets even less of a look in.
- Certain cards only coming with certain packs which can result in purchases purely for cards and tokens rather than because you want to fly the ship.
- There's something of a lack of scenario play outside of fan run stuff with most games and tournaments straight shoot-ups amongst the asteroid field, though to be honest it's not an issue for most players
This is the game I initially rejected to play STAW instead, feeling that STAW was more "rounded" as a game. In hindsight, boy was I wrong! I've spent a LOT of time, money and effort on this one but have reaped that back ten-fold at the least. I've never got bored of the game and am not sure how I ever could do.